SIMPLICITY, SCALE AND SAVINGS. REAL RESULTS.
As the only fully integrated, preconfigured, and pre-tested VMware hyper-converged infrastructure appliance family on the market, VxRail™ dramatically simplifies IT operations while lowering your overall capital and operational costs. VxRail offers highly configurable appliances that meet any use case.
The EMC transformation comes to VxRail
EMC VxRail Appliances offer extreme configuration flexibility to choose the performance, capacity and graphics capability needed to meet your infrastructure requirements. EMC VxRail Appliances featuring Intel® Xeon® processors offer configure-to-order platforms that deliver data services, resiliency, and QoS, enabling faster, better, and simpler delivery of virtual desktops, business-critical applications, and remote office infrastructure.
VxRail provides a simple, cost effective hyper-converged solution that solves your virtualization infrastructure challenges and supports a wide range of applications and workloads.
Say Hello to EMC VxRail Appliances
Over 60% of organizations are looking to deploy HCI, if they haven’t already.3 And a lot of them are choosing VxRail.
According to IDC research, revenue from Technologies’ HCI portfolio, including VxRail Appliances, VxRack Systems and XC Series, outgrew the total HCI market—one of the fastest growing IT markets—by more than two-fold and represents 28 percent of hyper-converged systems sold in the third quarter of 2016. 4
EMC VxRail™, powered by vSAN, is the only specifically developed and fully optimized hyper-converged appliance co-designed and built with VMware. Simply put, VxRail is the easiest and fastest way to simplify and extend a VMware environment.
Hyper-Converged Appliances That Extend And Simplify VMware Environments
Managed through the well-known VMware vCenter Server, VxRail Appliances provide existing VMware customers an experience they are familiar with allowing them to seamlessly integrate VxRail into their existing IT infrastructure.
VxRail Appliances are fully loaded with integrated EMC mission-critical data services including replication, backup and cloud tiering at no additional charge and are the industry’s only hyper-converged appliance featuring kernel layer integration between VMware vSAN and the vSphere hypervisor, delivering unique and unmatched performance and efficiency. As a fully optimized and supported VMware-based solution, the appliances also integrated with VMware’s cloud management platform and end-user computing solutions. VxRail is also a platform for introducing advanced SDDC offerings like NSX, vRealize Automation and vRealize Operations.
Start Small and Grow
The EMC VxRail Appliance allows you to start small – with as few as three nodes - and grow incrementally, scaling capacity and performance easily and non-disruptively up to 64 nodes per cluster. Single node scaling and storage capacity expansion provide a predictable, “pay-as-you-grow” approach for future scale up and out as your business and user requirements evolve without up-front planning.
Flexibility and Choice
The EMC VxRail Appliance provides extreme configuration flexibility with purpose-built appliances that are designed to address any use case, including big data, analytics, 2D/3D visualization, or collaboration virtualized applications. VxRail Appliances, built with the latest Intel Broadwell processors, also offer a 3-node starting configurations for a lower entry point.
The VxRail portfolio includes:
- G Series – General-purpose appliances for broad hyper-converged use cases. Up to four nodes fit in a single 2U chassis. Available in all-flash or hybrid configurations.
- E Series – Entry level, cost-effective appliances for small or remote deployments. Low-profile with one node per 1U chassis. Available in all-flash or hybrid configurations.
- V Series – VDI-optimized graphics ready appliances with support for up to 2 graphics accelerators for specialized use cases such as high-end 2D/3D visualization. Each appliance has one node per 2U chassis. Available in all-flash or hybrid configurations.
- S Series – Storage dense appliances capacity-optimized for demanding applications such as virtualized Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, big data, and analytics. Each appliance has one node per 2U chassis. Available in hybrid configurations only.
- P Series – Performance intensive appliances optimized for heavy workloads such as databases. Each appliance has one node per 2U chassis. Available in all-flash or hybrid configurations.
More Customer Testimonials
1 Based on ESG Lab Validation report commissioned by EMC, "EMC Converged Platforms: VxRail Appliance," June 2016.
2 Based on the Edison Group white paper commissioned by EMC, "VCE VxRail ™ Appliance Cost and Maintenance Advantages," June 2016, comparing the VxRail Appliance to a Build-it-Yourself solution. Total cost of ownership calculated over 5 years.
3 Source: 451 Research's Advisory - Pathfinder: Transform your Business with HCI, February 2017.
4 Source: Based on the IDC WW Quarterly Converged Systems Tracker, December 22, 2016.